by Michael Daoud
APRIL 13: H.H. the Pope Meets with the Three Regional Councils for Personal Status in Egypt.
On Tuesday morning, H.H. Pope Tawadros II held a meeting with the following three Regional Councils for Personal Status:
- Cairo and Africa headed by H.G. Bishop Markos (of Damietta), who apologized for his absence due to health conditions.
- Alexandria and Bahary, headed by H.G. Bishop Marcos (of Shubra el-Kheima)
- Upper Egypt, headed by H.G. Bishop Stephanos, with board members including clergy, lawyers and women doctors.
Also, joining and assuming responsibility in the subsequent third cycle, which begins July 2021 and continuing for three years, the following Bishops:
- H.G. Bishop Gabriel, bishop of Beni Suef – for Upper Egypt.
- H.G. Bishop Karas, general bishop in El-Mahalla – for Alexandria and Bahary.
- H.G. Bishop Angelos, general bishop in Northern Shoubra – for Cairo and Africa.
Pope Tawadros News Today | The Papal Report covering April 13, 2021: Pope Meets with the Three Regional Councils for Personal Status in Egypt. By Michael Daoud.
The attendees reviewed the work of these councils and the significant challenges and issues they face from their practical experiences, having studied approximately five thousand files related to Personal Status. It is worth mentioning that there are three other Personal Status Councils outside Egypt in America, Europe, and Australia with a coordination meeting to be held between them in the near future. Finally, the meeting concluded with several recommendations which we will begin to implement, by the Grace of Christ and His help.
Reported by Michael Daoud. Delivered to you by COPTICNN™ | Coptic News Network on 2021-04-13 from Toronto. Canada
COPTICNN™ | Coptic News Network & COPTICNN™ DIRECTORY | Christian Business Directory
Columnists: COPTICNN™ award-winning columnists are a fundamental pillar of our coverage. They range in their interests from orthodoxy, faith, politics, to world affairs, to business, to the arts, to the way we live. No matter the issue, they are always in the middle of our Christian discourse. They are trusted by our readers and followed by many Coptic Orthodox Christians worldwide. Influential, provocative, and engaging, our columnists provide insights and analysis that can’t be found elsewhere, making them a prime destination for WORLD readers.